- Assistant Professor of English in Drama and Theatre
- Univeristy of South Carolina at Beaufort, Department of English and Theatre
- PhD, University of Georgia, 2014
- Specialties & Research Areas: Western Theatre to 1800, Western Theatre 1800 to Present, Popular Entertainments, Comedy, Marxism/Cultural Materialism, Poststructuralism, Speech Act Theory.
- Email: email@example.com
- View Full CV (PDF)
- George Pate currently serves as Assistant Professor of Drama and Theater in the Department of English and Theater at the University of South Carolina at Beaufort. He holds a PhD in Theater and Performance Studies from the University of Georgia. His articles have appeared in Theatre Journal, Theatre Symposium, and The Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism. He is currently working on a manuscript entitled Reinventing Performance, Reproducing Ideology: Authorship and Performance Practices from the 1960s to the Present. In addition to his scholarship, George is a working playwright who has won the Tennessee Williams National One Act Playwriting Contest and has had staged readings and productions in New Oreans, LA, New York, NY, Athens, GA, Columbia, SC, and Charelston SC. His play Indifferent Blue was recently published by Next Stage Press.