- Senior Academic Professional
- Joint appointment with the Lamar Dodd School of Art
- Artistic Director, Ideas for Creative Exploration
- M.F.A., Cranbrook Academy
- Specialties & Research Areas: Internet Art, Interdisciplinary Arts Research
- Email: email@example.com
- Mark Callahan is the Artistic Director of Ideas for Creative Exploration (ICE), an interdisciplinary initiative for advanced research in the arts at the University of Georgia, and serves on the faculty of the Lamar Dodd School of Art. He is a graduate of Cranbrook Academy of Art and Rhode Island School of Design, where he was a member of the European Honors Program in Rome, Italy.
Callahan's work has evolved from a traditional printmaking background to experimental multimedia projects. He was commissioned to create a site-specific work for Video Culture: Three Decades of Video Art, a collaboration that joined the forces of eleven institutions in the metro Detroit area to examine video art and its impact on contemporary culture. His work has also been used in concert by R.E.M. as a large-scale video projection. He is the executive producer of AUX, an event and publication series based in Athens, Georgia.
Callahan has been included in exhibitions at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA), MAMA: Showroom for Media and Moving Art in Rotterdam, and the Telfair Museum in Savannah, Georgia. Internet Soul Portraits (I.S.P.) and 24 Hour Miss South Carolina are part of the Rhizome ArtBase at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York.