Dr. Fran Teague
- University Professor of the Arts
- Joint appointment with English
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
- Specialties & Research Areas: Renaissance Drama, Dramaturgy, and Early Women Writers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View Full CV (PDF)
- Fran Teague is a University Professor and a Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor. She teaches performance history and theory. Her special areas of interest are Renaissance drama, dramaturgy, and early women writers. She has written or edited seven books, including The Curious History of “Bartholomew Fair” (Bucknell, 1985), One Touch of Shakespeare (with John Velz, Folger, 1986), Shakespeare’s Speaking Properties (Bucknell, 1991), and Shakespeare and the American Popular Stage (Cambridge, 2006); her articles have appeared in many journals including Comparative Drama, Shakespeare Quarterly, Shakespeare Studies, and Theatre Journal. Teague has a joint appointment with the Department of English and is an affiliate of the Women’s Studies Program.